(8) Raise the viewer to eye level and press
your eye firmly against the rubber eyeshield
to open the security shutter.
(9) Aim the viewer at the target and ad-
just the BRIGHTNESS control with the right
forefinger until the background scene is just
(10) Adjust the eyepiece focus by rotat-
ing the eyepiece focus ring until the best raster
(grid) definition is obtained. Once adjusted to
your eye, the eyepiece focus ring should require
no further adjustment during operation.
(11) Rotate the CONTRAST control with
the left forefinger until the desired contrast
between target image and background is ob-
tained on the display.
(12) With the right thumb, adjust the
FOCUS lever for best focus of target image
on the display.
(13) When a satisfactory display is ob-
tained by observing a known target, proceed
to c below.
c. General Operating Procedure. Once a sat-
isfactory display is obtained (b above), oper-
ate the viewer as described below to search or
scan the area of interest.
(1) Hold the viewer to the eye and search