or scan the area of interest while adjusting
the FOCUS control between NEAR (8M) and
depending upon distance to the area
being scanned (fig. 2-3).
(2) Once a target of interest is observed,
readjust BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, and
FOCUS controls as required for a good target
(3) Between search and scan periods, turn
down the BRIGHTNESS control and let the
viewer hang by the neck sling and rest on your
chest. Adjust the neck-sling length as required
for a comfortable fit.
d. Shutdown Procedure.
(1) Set the POWER switch to OFF.
(2) Place the protective cap over the IR
(3) Disconnect the interconnecting cable
from both the viewer and the battery.
(4) Stow the viewer and interconnecting
cable in the carrying bag or stow the system
in the transit case as applicable. Install any
protective caps removed for operation on the
connectors before stowing equipment in tran-
2-3. Operation Using
an External Battery
The viewer may be operated with an external