WEIGHT AND BALANCE DATA. Weight and balance are not significantly affected.
QUALITY ASSURANCE REQUIREMENTS. Not applicable.
RECORDING AND REPORTING OF THE MODIFICATION.
a. Records And Reports. Refer to DA PAM 738-750, The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS), for
recording and reporting accomplishments of the modification.
(1) Completion of DA Form 2407, Maintenance Request, to report MWO application is mandatory. Refer to
DA PAM 738-750, paragraph 3-8 and figure 3-12 for instructions on how to request and report MWO
(2) On the DA Form 2407, block 2, Serial Number, must contain the serial number of the M 109A6 SP
Howitzer. This serial number may be found on the data plate located in the driver's compartment.
(3) On the DA Form 2407, block 6, National Stock Number (NSN), must contain the NSN of the M109A6 SP
Howitzer. Refer to paragraph 3 of this MWO for this NSN.
(4) The DA Form 2407 used to record the MWO application must be completed and the NMP copy #2 mailed
within 3 working days after completion of the MWO application. Mail copy #2 of the DA Form 2407 to the
Director, Armament and Chemical Acquisition & Logistics Activity
Rock Island, IL 61299-7630
Mail copy #3, the control copy, to the following address:
Commander, U. S. Army Depot Systems Command
Chambersburg, PA 17201-4170
b. Marking Equipment. Reference Drawing Number 12563068.
c. Identification Data. Not applicable.
MATERIAL CHANGE (MC) NUMBER. This MWO is authorized by MC number 1-81-05-1002.
16. MODIFICATION IDENTIFICATION. To verify that this MWO has been applied, occupy the operator position and
look for the configuration identified in the artwork below, ensuring that:
a. M45 Periscope Box has been removed and that
(1) M45 Periscope Mounting Bracket, PN 12390061, has been mounted as shown. Bracket will be covered
with a black rubber substance (plastisol).
(2) Plate, NVD Bracket Mounting, PN 12390073, is installed to the vehicle hull and that mounted to the plate is
NVD Bracket, PN 12390059. The NVD bracket also has black plastisol coating and is hinged to allow
installation and removal of the NVD.
b. There is no NVD bracket mounted to the right side of the driver position (above and slightly forward of the gear