SHIPMENT, AND LIMITED STORAGE
(1) Perform the conversion for travel
5-1. Repackaging for Shipment or Limited Storage
a. General. The exact procedure for repackaging
(2) Disconnect the power cables.
depends on the material available and the conditions
(3) Position a forklift, crane, or equivalent, to
under which the equipment is to be shipped or stored.
support the mounted searchlight.
Use the procedures given below whenever possible; the
(4) Remove the five bolts that secure the
information covering the original packaging (para 2-1)
will also be helpful.
Do not stand or lie under the
When handling the searchlight take
mounted searchlight while it is
care not to damage the blower motor
supported only by the forklift, crane,
or equivalent equipment.
a level surface.
injury may result.
b. Tank-Mounted Searchlight (fig. 2-1 and 2-2).
(1) Cover the searchlight with the cover
(5) With the forklift, crane, or equivalent
equipment, remove the mounted searchlight.
(2) Remove the tank power cable from the
(6) Place the mounted searchlight on the base
searchlight and the tank.
of the packing box and secure it; use bolts.
(3) Remove the lockpins from the three hitch
(7) Attach the sides and top of the packing
box to the base and secure them; use nails and screws.
(4) Hold the searchlight in position on the
mounting brackets and raise the latches. Remove the
searchlight from the tank.
5-2. Limited Storage
(5) Place the searchlight in the original (or
When the searchlight is to be stored for a limited time,
similar) packing box and secure it.
follow the procedures given below.
(6) Disconnect the cables from the tank
a. Be sure the equipment is serviceable.
Unserviceable components should be repaired or
(7) Remove the tank control box by loosening
the attaching hardware.
b. Thoroughly clean the primary reflector, the
(8) Place the equipment in the packing box.
cowling assembly, and the exterior surface of the
(9) Check to be sure that the equipment is
complete as listed in the basic issue items list (app B).
c. Replace the canvas cover assembly over the
(10) Attach the sides and top of the packing
front of the searchlight subassemblies.
box and secure them; use nails and screws.
complete the limited storage procedure.
c. Mounted Searchlight (fig. 2-3 and 2-4).