clean dry lens tissue; use the circular motion
described in (3) above.
c. Exterior Surfaces.
(1) Remove all loose dirt, dust, and for-
eign matter from the exposed surfaces with
a camel's-hair brush.
(2) Wipe all exposed surfaces with a
clean, lint-free cloth.
(3) Remove stubborn or ground in dirt
with a cloth dampened with clean fresh water
or a mild detergent and water.
(4) Dry the surfaces thoroughly with a
clean lint-free cloth.
d. Rubber Eyeshield.
(1) Remove dirt, dust, or foreign matter
with a clean lint-free cloth.
(2) To remove stubborn or ground-in dirt,
dampen the cloth with clean fresh water.
(3) Wipe dry using a clean, dry, lint-free
e. Connectors and Cables.
(1) Remove all loose dirt, dust, or foreign
matter from the exterior surfaces and connec-
tor contacts with a camel's-hair brush.
(2) Use a clean lint-free cloth slightly
dampened with clean fresh water to remove
stubborn dirt from the connector or cable sur-