quire cleaning, clean exterior surfaces
or d below) before cleaning lens
a. List of Materials.
(1) Lint-free cloth (NSN 8365-00-170-
5060, or equivalent).
(2) Lens tissue (NSN 6640-00-507-6745,
(3) Lens cleaner (NSN 6810-00-201-
0906, or equivalent).
(4) Camel's-hair brush (NSN 7920-00-
205-0565, or equivalent).
b. Lens and Window Surfaces.
(1) Carefully remove all loose dirt, dust,
or foreign matter from the lens surface with
a clean camel's-hair brush. (Do not use the
same brush for cleaning exterior surfaces and
for cleaning lens surfaces.)
(2) To remove stubborn dirt or smudges,
use a lens tissue folded to form a swab and
moistened with lens cleaner as directed in (3)
and (4) below.
(3) Gently wipe the lens surface with the
moistened lens tissue; use a circular motion.
Start at the center of the surface and work
towards the edge.
(4) Dry the cleaned lens surface with a