sight to be checked.
4. Equipment Required. a. Table. A work bench or
table to hold the night vision sights to be checked.
c. Test Target. Construct a cardboard test target.
See Figure 1 for details and dimensions.
b. Batteries. One battery for each night vision
Figure 1. Test Target.
5. Test Range a. Location Select an open area as
b. Dimensions. Refer
to Figure 2. The test target
far away from artificial lighting (streetlights,
may be nailed to a tree, post, or other support to
floodlights, building lights, etc.) as possible. The test
provide a heigth above ground of approximately four
is to be performed at night using natural light
(starlight or moonlight) only.
Figure 2. Test Range.
(1) Check that all sight power switches are in
6. Preliminary Procedure. Before taking the night
vision sights to the test range perform the Operators
the off position.
(2) Install battery and set power switch to the
Daily Maintenance Checks and Services for each
sight. Refer to the applicable technical manual
on position. Remove lens cap.
(3) Place sights on the table, objective lens
facing down, and allow a 15 minute warm-up time.
7. Procedure. Refer to applicable technical manual
for battery installation, location of controls, and
b. Operational test.
(1) Select a night vision sight and point down
operation a. Battery installation and warm up.