(5) TM 11-5855-263-10, dtd 1 Mar 94, page B-6, section 3, Basic Issue Items, illustration No.
6, change NSN for neck cord assembly to read: NSN 5855-01-149-4106. The length of this neck cord is
42 inches. An additional neck cord assembly is available, see para 8e(1)(c) of this TB.
(6) TM 11-5855-263-10, dtd 1 Mar 94, page C-2, section II, Additional Authorized Items, neck
cord holder kit is authorized for use.
(7) TM 11-5855-263-23&P, dtd 15 May 95, page 3-35, para 3-16, setting collimation for 25mm
eyepiece, add the following anti-tamper lacquers in the initial setup, under Material/Parts:
(8) TM 11-5855-263-23&P, dtd 15 May 95, page B-8, section III, Tools and TEST Equipment
Requirements, tool ref code 13, soldering iron, electric change NSN to read "3439-01-183-4632".
(9) The new monocular housing, housing image intensifier, P/N 5009524, NSN
5855-01-380-9669 on the ANVIS has a new anti-wobble enhancement. When replacing the monocular
housing in the Pivot and Adjustment Shelf (PAS), do not reinstall the PAS bellows when reassembling the
(10) The following NSNs are available from supply:
(e) 5120-00-729-6392, wrench, hex, 5/64 inch (for ANVISIHUD clamps)
(11) The ANVIS purge device (JA215008) has a builtin pressure regulator called a PSI pop-up
valve, P/N B-4CP2-5. If problems have been experienced, units should ensure the pop-up valve is a P/N
B-4CP2-5 and not B-4CP2-1. This item may be purchased from Nupro Company, 4800 east 345th Street,
Wiloughby, Oh 44094. Call Nupro customer service (216) 951-7100 for the local distributor.
(12) ANVIS components such as the battery pack and visor assembly do not require PMCS until
placed into service; however, those not in service are required to be tagged IAW DA PAM 738-751,
(13) This is a clarification regarding completion of the permanent maintenance record for the AN-
VIS on DA Form 2408-15. All maintenance repair, such as installation of the enhanced PAS, or replacing
15 MM lens assemblies with 25 MM lens assemblies, will be documented by transferring the information from
the maintenance work order to the DA Form 2408-15.
(14) AVUM unit maintainers will conduct a records check prior to submitting ANVIS to AVIM for
180-day service. This records check will be annotated on DA Form 2407 remarks block A.
(15) AVIM maintenance organizations, upon completion of the 180-day service for AVIM-owned
ANVIS systems, must document this maintenance action on DA Form 2407.
(16) The use of electronically generated forms is authorized.
The following Technical Bulletins and messages have expired:
(1) TB 1-1520-237-20-139, subject - H60, Night Vision Goggle (NVG) Compatibility Rework
of Master Warning Panel Assembly. This TB expired 17 Oct 95.
(2) TB 1-1520-237-50-139, subject - H-60, Night Vision Goggle (NVG) Compatibility Rework
of Master Warning Panel Assembly. This TB was superseded by TB 1-1520-237-20-139.
(3) TB 1-1500-347-30, subject - Use of the Dual Visor on the SPH-4B, dated 19 Nov 93. This
TB was superseded by TB 1-1500-350-30, dated 26 Feb 96.
(4) TB 1-1500-348-30, subject - Aviation Night Vision Goggle Maintenance Documentation,
dated 18 Nov 94. This TB was superseded by TB 1-1500-350-30, dated 29 Dec 95. This TB will be super-
seded by the new DA PAM 738-751.