g. Test Sets.
(1) TS-4348/UV and TS-3895A/UV Test Sets require calibration every 12 months. Calibrations
are tracked with DA Label 80 that is attached to the body of the test set. Upon initial issue, turn the items
into local TMDE for calibration (prior to use).
(2) TS-3895/UV (not the "Aversion) test set does not require calibration. The DA Label 80 must
be stamped with "CNR" (calibration not required) and affixed to the main plate.
(3) For maintenance guidance or calibration on TS-3895A/UV, TS-3895/UV, or TS-4348/UV
contact US Army TMDE Activity, AMXTM-LM-AMR, Mr. Ed Copeland at DSN 788-2698 or (256) 842-2698,
Fax (256) 876-3070 or PM-NVEO, Glen Nowak para 16a.
During crewmember pre-Operational checks, the TS-4348/UV may be utilized as an
optional check, to assist in evaluating image intensifier resolution and clarity. Operate
the test set IAW TM 11-5855-238-10 (dtd 15 May 93), TM 11-5855-263-10 (dtd 1
Mar 94) or TM 11-5855-299-12&P (dtd 15 Mar 92).
(4) TS-3895A/UV and TS-3895/UV require an annual optical check using collimation attach-
ment and diopter scope IAW TM 11-5855-264-14. Schedule and document the annual inspection IAW DA
(5) TM 11-5855-264-14, page 5-7, item number 3, Table 5-1: Delete the voltage verification
check only for the TS-3895A/UV from the AVIM, DS/GS annual maintenance schedule.
(6) The use of the radiometric test set (interferometer, NSN 5860-01-178-5837) after replacing
the TS-3895A/UV PC Board Box Assembly or the Reticle Lens Assembly at AVIM, DS/GS is no longer re-
quired. After replacing these items, send the TS-3895A/UV to TMDE for calibration.
(7) The correct NSN and P/N for the TS-3895A, goggle connector cable (power), is NSN
( 8 ) C E C O M i s c o n d u c t i n g a r e t r o f i t p r o g r a m t o r e p l a c e t h e TS-3895/UV, N S N
for the TS-3895/UV. Contact CECOM item manager Joe Hussey, DSN 987-1009 or (732) 427-1009. EMAIL
(9) AN/AVS-6 systems using MX-10160A image intensifier tubes are not required to pass the
system current drain check using the TS-3895 or TS-3895A listed as part of the 180-Day service in TM
(10) The AVS-126 Test Set (a commercial item) is not authorized for use at the AVIM, AVUM, or
DS/GS maintenance levels.
Modification Work Orders (MWO) -
(1) The following MWOs must be applied to aircraft prior to NVG operations ( aircraft with NVG
compatible components that have been replaced since initial application of MWO and do not meet interior
lighting requirements must eliminate the effects of red or white lighting IAW para 81(1)).
(a) H-60 Series - Aircraft S/N 8524462 and subsequent are authorized for NVG use when
delivered with exceptions listed below. Aircraft S/N 8524461 and prior are required to have MWO
55-1520-237-50-20 installed for NVG use.
Aircraft 85-24745 thru 85-24750, 85-25511, and
85-25512 are required to have MWO 55-1520-237-50-20 installed for NVG use. All aircraft are re-
quired to comply with TB 1-1520-237-20-139 (UH-60-94-ASAM-01) (red lighting from PDU and CDU
is filtered and NVG compatible).
(b) UH-1H/V - C o n c u r r e n t i n s t a l l a t i o n o f M W O 5 5 - 1 5 2 0 - 2 1 0 - 5 0 - 7 a n d M W O
55-l 520-210-50-l 1 is required for NVG use. Otherwise, installation of MWO 55-1520-210-50-10 or
MWO 55-1520-210-50-12 is required for NVG use. Aircraft are required to comply with TB
1-1520-243-20-24 (ASAM UH-1-97-ASAM-02) which removes obscuring paint or tape applied by the